[Forumlucca] la mia opera "Default" in programma a berlino -…

Author: marcantonio lunardi
To: forumlucca
Subject: [Forumlucca] la mia opera "Default" in programma a berlino - all'interno di Global Revolutions/Local Contradictions

Within the framework of the recent project in progress 'Global Revolutions, Local Contradictions', we are screening a selection of political video art films.

Wednesday July 18th

9pm - A Selection of Political Video Art with works by Oliver Ressler, Vladimír Turner, Marcantonio Lunardi, Max Hattler, Gabriel Acevedo and others.

Read more about Global Revolutions/Local Contradictions online at:
http://www.mindpirates.org/revolution

"The Bull Laid Bear"
Zanny Begg & Oliver Ressler (2012, 24 min)

The Bull Laid Bear is structured around a series of interviews with US economists and activists including: William K. Black, a white-collar criminologist; Yves Smith, the author of the blog Naked Capitalism; Tiffiniy Cheng, campaign coordinator for A New Way Forward; and Gerald Epstein co-director of the Political Economy Research Institute in Amherst, MA. The material gathered from these four interviewees has been blended with hand drawn animations to create a quasi-fictitious criminal world of gangster bankers and corrupt courts.

"Trash-Out"
Maria Fortiz-Morse (2009, 6 min)

This deeply affecting and simple short shows workers cleaning out a house that has been foreclosed upon. What do the things left behind say about a family? What does an empty house say that was once a home? In a mere five minutes, Trash-Out makes a poignant statement on a timely subject.

"Merry-Go-Round"
Vladimír Turner (2011, 3 min)
Action in public space. With Vojtěch Fröhlich, Ondřej Mladý, Jan Šimánek and Vladimír Turner. Prague, Czech Republic.

"Sinapsis Insurrección"
Gabriel Acevedo Velarde (2006, 6 min)

An approach to the sensitivity and the cultural, political and sexual issues from the 60s and 70s. "Through a juxtaposition of diverse images I try to describe my personal reasons and my memories from the political activism of that era. I wanted to blend critical aspects with uncertainty".

"Paralysis"
Gabriel Acevedo Velarde (2005, 2min)
Geometrically shaped shrubs are shown in a very fast sequence- a hilarious drama about being emotionally paralyzed.

"Default"
Marcantonio Lunardi (2012, 3 min)
Default is a work of art on the disillusionment of a system which has reached a turning point. A man, alone, sits among the ruins of an abandoned factory in front of a phone. His hand holds the receiver and brings the handset to his ear. A series of answering machines, whose metallic tones, like a filter between the citizens and their Country, direct him in a vital suspension made only with waitings. His request for being heard is mediated with a series of numbers, recorded voices and impersonal sentences which bring him in a compulsive carousel of information and pauses. Suspended in this non-place, where time expands and the collapse of society seems impending, a man can only wait for an answer which will never arrive.

"Collision"
Max Hattler (2005, 3 min)
Max Hattler's multi-award winning abstract political short film Collision. Islamic patterns and American quilts and the colours and geometry of flags as an abstract field of reflection.