Re: [Tails-dev] Please test Tails 0.12.1-rc1 [was: Please te…

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: [Tails-dev] Please test Tails 0.12-rc1
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please test Tails 0.12.1-rc1 [was: Please test Tails 0.12-rc1]
Hi,

Below you can find my results from today's testing. All looks well so
far except that the whisperback HS seems to be down (?). At the bottom
you can also find a list of the remaining tests (for the convenience of
any one that want to help with the testing).

> # Iceweasel

Same as in 0.12 (i.e. mostly ok).

> # Pidgin

Same as in 0.12 (i.e. mostly ok).

> # Tor enforcement

Same as in 0.12 (i.e. mostly ok).

> # Use of untrusted partitions

All ok.

> # Claws

All ok.

> # Whisperback
>
> * can a bug report e-mail be sent?

No. My Tor says:

    [Notice] Closing stream for '[scrubbed].onion': hidden service is
    unavailable (try again later).

Is the hidden service down? I've gotten this for a couple of hours in a
row now.

> * is it correctly encrypted?

N/A.

> # GnuPG

All ok.

> # Time

All ok.

> # Root access control

All ok.

> # Virtualization support

All ok.

> # I2P

All ok.

> # Windows Camouflage

All ok.

> # Git

All ok.

> # Unsafe Web Browser

All ok.

The remaining tests are:

> # Monkeysphere
>
> * Monkeysphere validation agent key search/receive: torified? uses
> configured keyserver?
>
> # erase memory on shutdown
>
> - check that `memlockd` and `udev-watchdog` are running, and that the

right
> [...]
> after each of the following tests.
>
> * Test "Clone & Install":
>   - from DVD.
>   - from USB.
>   - onto a USB stick that has a MBR partition table, and no
>     partition at all (regression test)
>   - onto a USB stick that already has an old-fashioned hybrid cat'd
>     Tails on it
> * Test "Clone & Upgrade" (onto a USB install containing an older
>   Tails):
>   - from DVD.
>   - from USB.
>   - make sure to test that TailsData partitions survive upgrades.
>   - onto a USB stick that already has a old-fashioned cat'd hybrid
>     Tails on it: should warn this action is not supported, and direct
>     the user to the "Clone & Install" operation mode.
> * Test "Upgrade from ISO".
>   - make sure to test that TailsData partitions survive upgrades.
> * Test "emergency shutdown on boot medium removal" feature, on Tails
>   system installed by this installer.

> # Persistence
>
> * Activate persistence on a Tails USB install with all presets
> on.
> * Reboot, enable persistence. Verify via `mount` that each preset has
> a mount that seem correct (e.g. "Pidgin preset =>
> `/home/amnesia/.purple` has something mounted on it").
> * Try read-write mode. Make sure that persistent files are writeable,
> and that changes do survive reboot.
> * Try read-only mode. Make sure that persistent files are writeable,
> but that no changes survive reboot.
> * Test adding a few custom directories.
> * Turn off some persistence presets, reboot, and make sure they are
> not activated.
>
> # Misc
>
> * Set a sudo password in Tails Greeter and verify that it works.
> * Check that there are no weird applications listening to external
>   connections with `sudo netstat -ltupn` (everything should be
>   `127.0.0.1` (IPv4) or `::1` (IPv6)).
> * Check that links to the online website (`Mirror:`) at the bottom of
>   bundled static web pages are working. Else, it probably means the
>   wiki was not built with the needed patched ikiwiki version.
> * Check that all seems well during init (mostly that all services
>   start without errors), and that dmesg seems ok.
> * Boot without network connection, and then plug it in after
>   some arbitrary time; Tor and Vidalia must be autostarted and end up
>   in working state.
> * Doing an apt-get update and installing random packages.
> * Boot on bare-metal on USB and DVD.
> * Boot and check basic functionality is working for every supported
>   language.
>   - The chosen keyboard layout must be applied.
>   - The virtual keyboard must work and be auto-configured to
>     use the same keyboard layout as the X session.
>   - The iceweasel search engine must be localized (for languages we
>     ship a localized searchplugin for).
> * Try to start with the `truecrypt` option on boot, see if it can be

found in
> the *Applications* → *Accessories* menu and that it runs correctly.
> * Connecting over SSH to a server on the Internet should work (and
> appear in Vidalia's connections list).
> * Connecting (by IP) over SSH to a server on the LAN should work.
> * The `amnesia` user must be part of the following groups:
> `audio cdrom dialout floppy video plugdev netdev fuse debian-tor

scanner lp lpadmin vboxsf`