[amnesia-news] Tails 0.12.1 is out

Author: Tails - News
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [amnesia-news] Tails 0.12.1 is out
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.12.1, is out.

This is a [brown paper bag release][1] aimed at fixing two major problems introduced in Tails 0.12. While upgrading is recommended, it's not strictly necessary for users that haven't experienced any issues with Tails 0.12.

# Changes

* Iceweasel

    * Upgrade Torbutton to 1.4.6.
    * Upgrade AdBlock Plus to 2.1.
    * Update AdBlock patterns.

* Hardware support

    * Upgrade Linux to 3.2.21-3 (linux-image-3.2.0-3-486).

* Software

    * Install python-pdfrw to re-add PDF support to the MAT.
    * Upgrade tails-greeter to 0.7.1, which fixes the race condition that broke administration password and locale settings on some systems.

* Boot

    * Remove the Tails specific plymouth theme. The theme interfers heavily with the boot process on some hardware.

Plus the usual bunch of minor bug reports and improvements.

See the [online Changelog][2] for technical details.

# I want to try it / to upgrade!

See the [Getting started][3] page.

# A glimpse towards the future

Where do we go from here? Have a look to our [roadmap][4] to see where we are heading to.

Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation][5], here are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails: no need to be a hardcore developer.

[1]: http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/B/brown-paper-bag-bug.html
[2]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.12.1
[3]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/index.en.html
[4]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/roadmap/