Re: [Tails-dev] Tails's plans for Tor's stream isolation in …

Author: intrigeri
To: proper
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails's plans for Tor's stream isolation in Tor 0.2.3?
proper@??? wrote (11 Jun 2012 22:48:48 GMT) :
> The open question, which remains... If a user types 'gpg <...>', 'wget <...>' or
> apt-get <...>' in console, how to reinterpret it as "ip=127.0.0.1 port=9053 uwt gpg
> <...>" so it's gets it's own SocksPort?

just drop wrappers listed in the $PATH before the "normal" application
(e.g. /usr/local/bin/gpg), that does that, or did I miss something
obvious that would make the trivial solution not work?

(OTOH, even with Tor separate streams, I'm not sure Tails will ever
pretend being able to seriously separate multiple identities used at
the same time in a given running Tails system.)