Re: [Tails-dev] Why doesn't Tails use tlsdate? (htp replacem…

Author: Maxim Kammerer
To: proper, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Why doesn't Tails use tlsdate? (htp replacement)
My take on tlsdate:

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:15 AM, <proper@???> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be a good replacement for htp?

No, since tlsdate has no features: see TODO items 5 and 6, for
instance (daemonization and clock skewing), and also items 9 and 1
(proxy support and leaking local clock). The claim about “parsing the
header with questionable code”, on the other hand, is silly — see my
reply to the email that you referenced. Granted, I wrote about C code,
and Tails uses Perl HTPDate version, so YMMV. Even without https
support in C HTPDate, it seems more attractive to me than current
tlsdate. With all that said, I actually intend to fork tlsdate at some
point and implement the required features, but it's quite low
priority.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte