Re: [Tails-dev] tails plymouth theme

Author: Ague Mill
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails plymouth theme
On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 07:53:25PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Ague Mill wrote (01 Jun 2012 08:32:00 GMT) :
> > I have pushed one more commit to `feature/tails-plymouth-theme` which
> > adds the nouveau driver. I have splendidly tested it on a system with
> > some NVidia adapter.
>
> Looks great.
>
> How about implementing and proposing it as a patch against the
> plymouth hook that adds the other gfx modules to the initramfs
> (/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/plymouth) instead?

It is in my todo list.

One thing that have not made me do it directly was related to how the
hook could cope with a module that is not shipped in linux-image
packages (e.g. vboxvideo, as its built through dkms). But maybe we will
add an extra hook in the dkms package.

In any cases, I'd rather add this small hook for now in Tails and remove
it once we switch to Wheezy and a hopefully updated plymouth.

--
Ague