Re: [Tails-dev] Incremental upgrades: first draft to review

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Incremental upgrades: first draft to review
05/23/2012 04:18 PM, intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> The design draft has been significantly reworked since then.
> A security discussion was written. Please review.

I have reviewed the complete draft. I completely buy your argument
regarding its security guarantees:

    We believe the update system described on this page is at least
    as secure as the old Tails update system.

That's good enough for me, and hopefully it can be improved further with
TUF/Thandy integration once they are in a good enough state.

The IUK and update-description formats seem flexible enough to allow any
kind of future update imaginable.

All in all it looks great.

Cheers!