Re: [Tails-dev] Building without a proxy?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Building without a proxy?
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (09 May 2012 10:31:23 GMT) :
> Does anyone around build Tails with using a local HTTP proxy and
> setting the "http_proxy" environment variable?

I build using:

    export http_proxy='http://10.xx.yy.zz:8000/

> The build Yos tried earlier on inside the Vagrant build setup [1] failed
> with APT trying to reach packages using 127.0.0.1:8118 [2]. In my
> understanding, anything set in apt.conf about proxying will be overriden
> by a local 'http_proxy' environment variable, hence the former question.

> Otherwise, I think our build system is broken. But I bet this has not
> been figured out yet, as we were all building using local proxies.

I don't understand what the problem is, and I'm unsure about the
actual question you're asking.

Anyway, FWIW, the build system I use is documented there:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/squid-deb-proxy/

Perhaps Yos (or the Vagrant file) did not read the section there about
LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY?