Re: [Tails-dev] TUF VCS repository and implementation status

Author: Justin Cappos
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-dev, Konstantin Andrianov, info, Vladimir Diaz
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TUF VCS repository and implementation status
Thanks for the interest in TUF!

As for the implementation, we're currently doing a bit of refactoring
behind the scenes. We may have messed something up when we were setting
this up. However, we are still open for business.

We are actually sprinting toward a publication deadline later tonight.
Let me get back to you in a day or two after I've looked into the issue you
describe.

As for projects that use TUF in production, we are being used by PrimoGENI.
There is a partial integration with the Seattle testbed as well where we
are used on their beta network. Once the refactoring is done (in the next
month or so) there is going to be a push for Seattle use in production.

quickstart was more of a demo tool than something that is used widely.
We've recently discussed whether to drop or refactor it.

The Tails project looks very interesting. What are you looking to have
TUF do? Is this meant as a substitute for apt? (Note that our package
manager integration isn't mature and so we should discuss this use case.)
Are you looking to have us update other software?

Thanks,
Justin