[Tails-dev] I think I found a bug .11 rc1

Author: luvschat1
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] I think I found a bug .11 rc1
I was wanting to try a later build of i2p. I tried this is two seperate
methods. First, I tried using their installer method which uses java
-jar. So I made the folder /usr/share/i2p persistent, re-started Tails,
then used java -jar. This borked i2p so not knowing any better, I did a
fresh install on the usb. The second time I tried, I used their .deb to
install the latest build on i2p; that also borked i2p but this time, I
understood that I didn't have to make a fresh install: all I had to do was
uncheck the folder in Configure Persistent Storage and reboot. After
this, i2p worked just fine, but removing /usr/share/i2p did something
unforseen: it erased all of my files in a seperate folder:
/home/amnesia/.xchat2 . So I tried re-configuring xchat to my liking
again, rebooted, and discovered that my changes were not being saved. I
tried this a couple of times, making changes to xchat and rebooting to see
if my changes were being saved: they weren't. I had to deselect
/home/amnesia/.xchat2 , restart, then make the folder again in Configure
Persistent Storage, reboot and now it is working again. This 'bug' can
potentially cause a lot of damage as I'm sure you can see: what if I had
been using this for a few months when this happened and doing this would
have erased numerous folders instead of the only other custom one that I
have for the time being? Can anyone duplicate this bug?

-Yos