Re: [Tails-dev] After Tails 0.11 - a vision

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Uudet otsikot: [Tails-dev] When to release a major release? [Was: After Tails 0.11 - a vision]
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] After Tails 0.11 - a vision
hi,

intrigeri wrote (11 Apr 2012 09:31:08 GMT) :
> anonym wrote (11 Apr 2012 09:07:26 GMT) :
>>> Alternatively, if we focus on the infrastructure and surroundings
>>> at post-0.11 time, we can set a deadline to mid-June, probably most
>>> of the work will be done by then, and then 0.12 could happen end of
>>> July. Is 0.11 + 3months early enough? I think it is.

>> Perhaps. A compromise would be to get the more or less trivial ones
>> (i.e. the tails-greeter controls for windows camouflage etc.) out
>> quickly in the first point-release, which I don't expect to suck up
>> much energy (they seem like good procrastination targets to me :)).

> I can live with this compromise, but the result should not be called
> a point-release IMHO: instead, it would be a tiny 0.12, that would be
> out quickly with only a few new features.

I'd like us to decide something on this topic ASAP.

On second thought, I'm getting less and less convinced we can do all
this without letting it drain most energies we must put into
Wheezy -related stuff before June.

I'd be happy to be reassured and join the optimistic gang, though, so
please help convincing me with a rough dev and release schedule for
this tiny 0.12, that would:
  * leave enough time for docs writers and translators to do their job
    before the 0.12 release,
  * leave enough time to work on Wheezy -related stuff before June.