[Animate] PSIA MAC FESTIVAL

Author: bipede
To: animate, meluzine3pax, lilyneterpeter, sophie-myland, nanakleinfrankenheim, mattias, johanna, sciatto, juliacks, ptom82, vladimir.palibrk, boris.stanich
Subject: [Animate] PSIA MAC FESTIVAL
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING..

Psia kreff crew from warsaw here, announcing an urgent change of plans.
we need to let u know first of all..
we need to explain to all of u invited what is going on up here..

we find ourselves in a critical situation and we think it is really
important to explain to all of u once again the context in which the
psia mac idea was born and where it finds itself at the moment..
so that eventually when we will manage to put all the energies back
into this project u'll know why to come and support the creation of this
net with strong consciousness of what the heck is going on in warsaw..

so..psia mac cru was born some months ago in the underground of warsaw,
nurtured within the squatting movement and so it totally depends on the
context where it was generated..

we started to plan the festival some months ago and we find ourselves
at this moment facing the brutality of city politics in a more direct
situation than the previous months and before we had time to hold the
first edition of the festival we find ourselves busy fighting against
eviction.
Elba squat, that was ment to be the main place hosting the festival is
now facing eviction.

www.elba.bzzz.net

The different collectives involved in this fight, cause Elba is not the
only one, are now busy explaining their visions about city politics,
busy in showing how important and necessary it is to create an
alternative eviroment made of autonomous spaces that function outside of
the commercial enviroment, fighting the crazy reprivatization process
that is illegaly evicting everyday from their homes inhabitants of the
city center to make space for fancy cafes and fancy art galleries...

That's how at the moment we find ourselves more busy than usual trying
to find a clear common position in this open conversation.
Here we are, busy in explaining that squatting is rather a creative
than destructive force, fighting for the creation of spaces where people
are not just seen as consumers but as a creative force themselves.

What is more important at the moment for us and keeps us decided to go
on in the organization of the festival is the famous U CANNOT EVICT
IDEAS mantra that we keep repeting to ouselves and at the base of this
we are imagining a new direction, we are imagining a change in the
plan..that might need a longer time to digest..a longer time to develop
without pressure

to squat bridges and make concerts outside, to paint the streets and
not the walls inside, to use the city itself as the contex that we wish
to change and risk it all for real is for that new enthusiasm. to give
everybody the time to invent a new way of participating, we are planning
to move the dates futher on and not because we don't have a "safe place"
cause that will never be.
we wish to find a way together with your energies to create something
that could say all of this through creativity and the power of the
images that we should take back!