Re: [Tails-dev] bug in liveusb-creator (rc1)

Author: intrigeri
To: hark
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] bug in liveusb-creator (rc1)
Hi,

(First of all: no need to send us your email twice. tails-dev is enough.)

hark wrote (14 Apr 2012 16:08:36 GMT) :
> I booted tails from a usb stick installed with unetbootin.

First of all, cloning from a USB stick installed with unetbootin is
not formally supported. Any successful result will be unexpected
good news.

> Then i tried to clone it to another 8GB usb stick, which i resetted
> as descibed in doc/resetting_usb_stick ( in experimental).

> Then the liveusb-creator makes a 1.6GB FAT partitition and complains
> about not having enough space.

It looks like the filesystem you are cloning Tails from is filled with
6GB of non-Tails data.

The clone process *clones* the filesystem of the running Tails.
It does not distinguish between Tails files and non-Tails files.

I guess this explains the result you've seen, doesn't it?