Re: [Tails-dev] Please review doc/experimental

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review doc/experimental
Hi,

sajolida wrote (11 Apr 2012 11:26:15 GMT) :
> Ok, I changed all the "persistence storage" by "persistent volume"
> and I'm not using the word "storage" anymore. If we agree on this
> terminology then you might want to change the following
> GUI accordingly.

> I'm sending you a patch on tails-persistence-setup. Feel free to
> apply whatever we find relevant.

I applied this patch, but:

> -        gettext(q{A %s persistent storage area will be created on the <b>%s %s</b> device. Persistent data on this device will be stored in an encrypted form protected by a passphrase.}),
> +        gettext(q{A %s persistent volume will be created on the <b>%s %s</b> device as an encrypted partition protected by a passphrase.}),

The original wording was taken directly from palimpsest, and I find it
nicer. Also, I find it great to allow translators to steal the GNOME
translations ;)

I s/Persistent data/Data/, though.

> - I also changed "persistence filesystem", "persistent data" and
> "persistent partition" to "persistence volume".
> - I prefer to use "start" and "restart" than "boot" and "reboot", I
> think it's less lingo and as precise. I'm also using "working session"
> to explain the persistence between reboots. What do you think about this
> last term?
> - I changed "decide" to "specify", see the GDP Style Guide on that verb.

Great.

> The GUI is linking to the documentation on persistence in
> doc/advanced_topics. That made me realize that I put it under
> doc/first_steps but maybe that was not what was decide. I don't mind
> moving it to doc/advanced_topics if we want to hide it a bit more
> from beginners.

I fixed the URL to match the current location of the docs.

The result is in tails-persistence-setup 0.14. Pushed to devel.