Re: [Tails-dev] After Tails 0.11 - a vision

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] After Tails 0.11 - a vision
anonym wrote (11 Apr 2012 09:07:26 GMT) :
>> Alternatively, if we focus on the infrastructure and surroundings
>> at post-0.11 time, we can set a deadline to mid-June, probably most
>> of the work will be done by then, and then 0.12 could happen end of
>> July. Is 0.11 + 3months early enough? I think it is.

> Perhaps. A compromise would be to get the more or less trivial ones
> (i.e. the tails-greeter controls for windows camouflage etc.) out
> quickly in the first point-release, which I don't expect to suck up
> much energy (they seem like good procrastination targets to me :)).

I can live with this compromise, but the result should not be called
a point-release IMHO: instead, it would be a tiny 0.12, that would be
out quickly with only a few new features.

Also, doing so implies being extra careful when working on
tails-greeter (or switch to stable/testing/devel branches there too):
if we go this way, only stuff that is fit for a quick release should
be merged into tails-greeter master. Longer-term work shall happen in
topic branches.