Re: [Tails-dev] Switch to Privoxy?

Author: Jacob Appelbaum
To: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Switch to Privoxy?
On 03/25/2012 08:40 AM, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> intrigeri wrote (20 Jan 2012 15:39:54 GMT) :
>>> We're using it for all Tor stuff now when we need an HTTP proxy.
>
>> Could you please share a Privoxy configuration you trust to be safe
>> using with Tor?
>
> Ping? Did I miss a reply? "I've got no such configuration I can easily
> share" would be a valid reply, but at least we would know we should
> not wait for it :)

Sure - here you go:

# Generally, this file goes in /etc/privoxy/config
#
# Tor listens as a SOCKS4a proxy here:
forward-socks4a / 127.0.0.1:9090 .
confdir /etc/privoxy
logdir /var/log/privoxy
# actionsfile standard  # Internal purpose, recommended
#actionsfile default.action   # Main actions file
#actionsfile user.action      # User customizations
#filterfile default.filter

# Don't log interesting things, only startup messages, warnings and errors
# logfile logfile
#jarfile jarfile
#debug   0    # show each GET/POST/CONNECT request
debug   4096 # Startup banner and warnings
debug   8192 # Errors - *we highly recommended enabling this*

# user-manual /usr/share/doc/privoxy/user-manual
listen-address 127.0.0.1:8118
toggle 1
enable-remote-toggle 0
enable-edit-actions 0