Re: [Tails-dev] Merging big features for 0.11

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Merging big features for 0.11
03/22/2012 12:27 PM, intrigeri:
> after serious testing that happened in the last two weeks,
> I feel the "next big features" are ready for merging into devel.
>
> Proposal: merge feature/tails-greeter, feature/persistence and
> feature/usb_installer branches into the devel one.

Agreed.

> tails-greeter
> =============
>
> I think it's fit for release.
> Proposal: merge that branch as is.

Agreed.

I'm wondering, though, which additional options to "sudo password" were
aiming for the 0.11 release, if any.

> USB installer
> =============
>
> crashes with amd64 / 686-pae kernels
> ------------------------------------
>
> Proposal: if it ain't fixed in time for the release, postpone the
> shipping of those additional kernels to post-0.11 times.

Agreed.

> breaks emergency shutdown
> -------------------------
>
> Proposal: it would be great if it were fixed in time for 0.11,
> else let's document this as a know issue.

Agreed.

> unsafe browser
> ==============
>
> I don't think it's been tested hard enough to be merged into devel
> right now. Let's postpone the merging decision to the "deep freeze",
> that is, to the end of March.

Agreed. Just the fact that the work on the Iceweasel GUI side (scarily
coloured theme, small visual cue in the amnesia-branding addon) hasn't
even started is enough for not merging. IMHO they must be completed
before any merge occurs.

> other bugs
>
> autostarted applications
>
> See thread about Vidalia, but the problem is bigger. Sent debugging
> info to anonym. This really must be fixed before the release, but it
> does not look that hard to, so let's merge branches anyway.

The fix we discussed on IRC will solve this, so it should definitely be
doable.

Cheers!