[Tails-dev] Merging big features for 0.11

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Betreff: [Tails-dev] Merging big features for 0.11
Hi,

after serious testing that happened in the last two weeks,
I feel the "next big features" are ready for merging into devel.

Proposal: merge feature/tails-greeter, feature/persistence and
feature/usb_installer branches into the devel one.

Details, pending decisions, and lists of remaining RC bugs follow.
There are other bugs and room for improvements scattered all over the
various TODO lists, but I'll ignore all those who don't look like
release blockers to me.

Persistence
===========

read-only mode does not work
----------------------------

Proposal: if it ain't fixed in time for the release, we can hide the
"Read-only" checkbox in tails-greeter and postpone that part of the
persistence feature. However, if we hide it right now, it's harder to
debug it, so keep it visible until the latest possible bugfixing /
decision making time.

tails-greeter
=============

I think it's fit for release.
Proposal: merge that branch as is.

USB installer
=============

crashes with amd64 / 686-pae kernels
------------------------------------

Proposal: if it ain't fixed in time for the release, postpone the
shipping of those additional kernels to post-0.11 times.

breaks emergency shutdown
-------------------------

Proposal: it would be great if it were fixed in time for 0.11,
else let's document this as a know issue.

unsafe browser
==============

I don't think it's been tested hard enough to be merged into devel
right now. Let's postpone the merging decision to the "deep freeze",
that is, to the end of March.

other bugs

autostarted applications

See thread about Vidalia, but the problem is bigger. Sent debugging
info to anonym. This really must be fixed before the release, but it
does not look that hard to, so let's merge branches anyway.