Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update
hi,

sajolida wrote (20 Mar 2012 09:09:49 GMT) :
> Ok, great. I have a question though: I tend to call the installer "Tails
> USB installer" (and that's how the menu item is called) but this error
> message says "Tails USB creator"

Fixed in Git, thanks.

> and the title of the window of the installer says "Tails LiveUSB
> Creator". I think we should make all this consistent but that can be
> low priority.

Agreed, and agreed it's low-priority. Given I doubt we want to tie
ourselves to a given specific kind of technology, we probably should
get rid of the "USB" part, and simply call it "Tails installer".
E.g. at some point we probably want to support SD cards.

>>> 1. When trying to boot Tails experimental in VirtualBox the window is
>>> much bigger than it used to be. I liked the previous size better.
>>
>> What window?

> The window of the virtual machine. When I boot the machine it has
> a medium size window, the same as with previous Tails or other
> virtual machines, but when the Tails greeter pops up the window gets
> bigger and takes up all the screen. My screen is 1024 × 768.

Interesting. I wonder what specific change in current experimental
branch makes the graphics subsystem (kernel + X + GNOME-side randr)
see a bigger physical screen, or defaut to a bigger resolution.
Does current devel branch also expose the same behaviour?