Re: [Tails-dev] link ttdnsd against libtorsocks?

Author: intrigeri
To: Jacob Appelbaum, Robert Hogan
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] link ttdnsd against libtorsocks?
Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (06 Mar 2012 06:29:26 GMT) :
> On 03/04/2012 07:11 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>> any idea how hard it would be to have ttdnsd linked against
>> libtorsocks instead of libtsocks?

> I think it would be a pretty straight forward patch, actually.
> The key thing is that libtorsocks needs to export the same functions
> or better ones worth rewriting to...

It seems like ttdnsd uses no function provided by libtsocks per-se,
but linking against libtsocks appears to be enough to get the desired
effect. Linking against libtorsocks should get us the very same
effect, and indeed you added support for optionally doing exactly that
in the ttdnsd build system one year ago; so far so good, but
apparently you got blocked by missing bits in torsocks you reported,
and thas is apparently not fixed yet:

    https://code.google.com/p/torsocks/issues/detail?id=20

There, Robert Hogan wrote on 2011-03-01:
> Once I've cleaned up the tests I'll add it to master. There's no
> reason I can think of why this shouldn't be a permanent feature
> of torsocks.

Robert, any progress on this front?