Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] next big features: status update
03/14/2012 01:57 PM, intrigeri:
> anonym wrote (14 Mar 2012 12:35:19 GMT) :
>>> I thought the current workflow was to push your live-boot packages
>>> where they're needed, that is to the feature/tails-greeter branch,
>>> but maybe I'm confused.
>
>> I know. That is the problem... among other things. The push to
>> feature/tails-greeter was intended to another remote :/. So what I
>> propose is to rebase that branch with a new good live-boot,
>
> "that branch" == ? (we're talking of two branches at the same time,
> so...)

In the above: s@feature/tails-greeter@feature/live-boot-3.x/ so "that
branch" == feature/live-boot-3.x

>> built an also rebased persistent-custom in our live-boot repo.
>
> I'll assume
> s/built/built from/
> and
> s/persistent-custom/persistent-custom branch/

Yes.

In conclusion: I want to rebase the branches:

* persistent-custom (in the tails_live-boot repo)
  - this will fix an inconsistency with upstream, which was rebased.
    This will be an exception to the normal work flow in which I should
    cherry-pick all new commits from upstream once it has been rebased.
* feature/live-boot-3.x (in the amnesia repo)
  - the faulty and unused (since this branch was never merged into
    anything) live-boot build will be dropped from the history and
    replaced with a good build from the above rebased persistent-custom
    branch.

After this I'll merge feature/live-boot-3.x into feature/tails-greeter
and then all should be peachy.

It shows that I didn't sleep well tonight; I've also been mixing words
and in general writing like a demented vegetable on #tails all day. I'm
sorry for all the confusion.

Cheers!