Re: [Tails-l10n] Help on how to l10n

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Help on how to l10n
Hi,

sajolida wrote (26 Feb 2012 11:11:07 GMT) :

> This kinds of shortcuts are defined in a special file
> (shortcuts.mdwn) and we were indeed missing the shortcut for the
> Spanish wikipedia. It's added now, and you can do:

> [[!wikipedia_es Persistencia_de_datos desc="Wikipedia: %s\"]]

I think you forgot to push your changes to shortcuts.mdwn.

> Regarding the screenshot translations and the upload issue. It seems
> like you are using the web interface, so the images are added to pages
> as "attachments". For example, if you edit the "Secure deletion" page
> and click on "Attachments" at the bottom of the page you will see all
> the corresponding screenshots, with some of them already translated into
> French, for example:

> https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/secure_deletion/wipe_available_diskspace.png
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/secure_deletion/wipe_available_diskspace.fr.png

> I guess you should do the same for the Spanish. Be careful, it seems
> like you have to add your translated screenshots as attachments of the
> original page, not of the translation. Could others confirm?

I admit I did not think of attachments when writing the po plugin.
The behaviour you're describing matches my expectations on how things
are supposed to work without special casing. In case different
semantics would be better suited, please describe those semantics in
details, and I may implement it.