Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter Git repo
11.02.2012 02:32, alan@??? пишет:

> I finished working on that branch, which is now fully usable, and I merged
> it into master. So we can now go on without being annoyed by buggy an
> undocumented gtkme.

Great. I'll take a look.

> During testing, I found that keyboard layout selected by the user was
> *not* immediatly used inside the greeter, and found bug was introduced
> by 85ddb5c: "change layout order to default for non-US" that I
> reverted. Max, do you know what this commit was supposed to fix?

That's to avoid user's confusion: for example most of the Russian-speaking users I
know prefer to use passwords in English. Since we have keyboard indicator it felt
more natural to allow user to switch language and layout separately. Feel free to
revert it if you think it's less confusing to do it other way around.

> I also found that tails-greeter UI is *not* immediatly localized when
> the user change the language. I was unable to find a tails-greeter
> version in which this feature was working. I tried some stuff in branch
> "bugfix/apply_language" of Tails tails-greeter repo, but was unable to
> fix the bug. Max, do you remember version where this feature was
> working?

The issue is most likely due to lacking\incomplete translation. I've updated it and
tested for Russian - works fine for me: take a look in master branch in my git repo.

Please follow steps from README.translators.
If the error persist - attach log file /var/log/gdm3/:0-greeter.log and indicate
which language you're using for tests.

best regards,
Max.