Re: [Tails-dev] RFC: bind-mounts vs. unions for persistence

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] RFC: bind-mounts vs. unions for persistence
anonym wrote (17 Feb 2012 11:27:47 GMT) :
> So, to the question: which one we should use in Tails?

Let me clarify, in case the matter at hand is not clear enough for
those who did not follow closely:

I believe we need to decide which of these should be the only
*supported* one (as in: it's documented, we're happy to provide
support for it, and our GUI tools silently setup this kind of
persistent directories).

As far as I know, whatever decision we make, the (live-boot) backend
will continue to support both systems, and advanced users may want to
edit their $MEDIA/live.persist by hand, if they want to use the other
system for a specific set of directories. <Insert disclaimer here: at
their own risk, YMMV, unsupported, etc.>

[...]

> Hence bind-mounts seem to be the more sensible approach to me.

Seconded.