Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter Git repo

Autor: alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter Git repo

Hi,

> From: alan@???
> Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:04:07 -0700

[...]
> - feature/nogtkme: start of an attempt to get rid of gtkme. It is a work
> in progress that is not interesting now but to continue developpement.

I finished working on that branch, which is now fully usable, and I merged
it into master. So we can now go on without being annoyed by buggy an
undocumented gtkme.

During testing, I found that keyboard layout selected by the user was
*not* immediatly used inside the greeter, and found bug was introduced
by 85ddb5c: "change layout order to default for non-US" that I
reverted. Max, do you know what this commit was supposed to fix?

I also found that tails-greeter UI is *not* immediatly localized when
the user change the language. I was unable to find a tails-greeter
version in which this feature was working. I tried some stuff in branch
"bugfix/apply_language" of Tails tails-greeter repo, but was unable to
fix the bug. Max, do you remember version where this feature was
working?

Cheers,

Alan