[Tails-dev] Tails: buffered SSH

Autor: tails
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails: buffered SSH

Hi,

(Please Cc: any subsequent reply to the public tails-dev@??? ML.)

> We need a buffered ssh client mode - so that ssh sessions are line
> oriented and bufered on very slow circuits.

According to rransom, the only way to get a 'buffered ssh client' is
probably PuTTY; so one of us tried it; at first it feels great, but
two very valuable features seems to be lost along the way: shell
completion and shell history. So the comfort advantage buffering
provides is, in the end, taken back from your hands. Therefore, unless
the tools improve (or you tell us how one can configure them better),
we don't think including PuTTY in Tails would be sensible.