[Tails-dev] Tails: Jitsi

Autor: tails
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails: Jitsi

Hi,

(Please Cc: any subsequent reply to the public tails-dev@??? ML.)

> Jitsi is a possible solution for voip/zrtp/otr that will complement
> and perhaps even replace pidgin/libpurple.

We're considering Jitsi among other pieces of software (see
https://tails.boum.org/todo/VoIP_support/ for details). Sure, it has
tons of interesting features.

However, the way it's developped and distributed (e.g. bundling more
than 100 JAR files in the binary packages), although perfectly
compliant with the involved free software licenses, makes it a pain
for anyone to audit or package this piece of software, which explains
we're a bit reluctant to ship it. See e.g.
http://bugs.debian.org/627362 to get an idea of the problem.

Anyway, have you successfully used Jitsi with Tor?