[Tails-dev] Tails: WhisperBack bug reporting application

Autor: tails
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails: WhisperBack bug reporting application

Hi,

(Please Cc: any subsequent reply to the public tails-dev@???
mailing-list.)

> I tried to use the tails bug reporter but it doesn't work. It fails in
> two ways:

> first, it simply cannot seem to make a proper smtp connection and
> thus fails to send any report.
> [...]
> The bug reporter should actually post over http to a hidden service
> rather than using smtp if smtp services can't be reached regularly.

The system that runs the hidden service used by whisperback as an SMTP
relay currently has stability problems.

We plan to setup other instances of the same hidden service to solve
that problem.

Besides, we fail to see what using a relay using HTTP rather than SMTP
would change. There is no exit policy matters for a hidden service, is
it? Please elaborate if we missed something.

> Secondly, it doesn't work if you've changed or removed the .gnupg
> directory on the file system.

With the upcoming persistence feature, this will actually become an
issue that will be faced by more users. To solve it, we propose to
setup a specific keyring to be used by whisperback e.g.
in /usr/share/whisperback.

-> https://tails.boum.org/todo/whisperback_should_use_a_dedicated_keyring/