Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10-rc1 wants to be tested

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10-rc1 wants to be tested
Hi,

sajolida wrote (02 Jan 2012 16:20:19 GMT) :
> 1. Using SSH

> We should exclude local IPs from the torifying SSH configuration in
> /etc/ssh/ssh_config. See the patch in attachment.

Good idea. However, the proposed patch also disables, for connections
to RFC1918 IPs, all kinds of protections we recently added to
ssh_config. I commited what I believe is an improved patch to devel,
and cherry-picked it into testing (8713d40). Untested, though.

> 2. Using Iceweasel

> We should add an exception to the FoxyProxy list. This could be done
> by adding a proxy before the main Tor one that does a whitelist for
> local IP addresses to have a direct Internet connection.

Agreed. I'll do it sometime before tomorrow midday CEST unless someone
steps up and commits to do it.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>