Re: [Tails-dev] htpdate HS notification [Was: Tails 0.10 rel…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] htpdate HS notification [Was: Tails 0.10 release plan]
Hi,

(splitting the thread)

anonym wrote (29 Dec 2011 16:31:13 GMT) :
> * A "fix" for bugs/Tails_0.9_doesn__39__t_open_.onion_sites_.
> See branch feature/htpdate_hs_notification which basically
> reintroduces a modified version of the htpdate notification we had
> before (perl guru's please fix the notification script!).

Seems great. Remarks bellow:

1. i18n

Seems like the .po / .pot files were not brought back from the
history. I guess a bunch of strings have probably not changed since
the times we were shipping this script, have they?

2. chmod

> +       chmod a+r ${PIDFILE}

How's that it's needed? Doesn't start-stop-daemon use the default
umask? Why not, but definetely weird.

3. debug mode

> +### Enabling debug mode until the Squeeze regression is sorted out.
> +$debug = 1;

[...]
> +sub debug { say STDERR $_[0] unless $debug; }

"unless", really?

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>