Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Neue Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] htpdate HS notification [Was: Tails 0.10 release plan]
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
12/26/2011 12:28 PM, intrigeri:

> Left to do:
>
> - run the test suite against 0.10~rc1

I can do at least parts of this one.

> - write news/version_0.10 and security announce against 0.9

I can do news/version_0.10.

>  - check the "Pidgin nickname randomization" thread again and try to
>    do something clever about it

Intrigeri proposed that this may be caused by some other live config
script failing due to the manner live-config is calling them (it's
sourcing them, not executing the scripts...), which seems reasonable. I
looked into this one and didn't find anything. In fact, I haven't been
able to reproduce this issue after my fix (commit ff24bf4) so I'm
starting to believe that any additional problem must be depending on
outside factors (hardware?)

In any case, I don't feel like I have more time to waste on this one
before releasing 0.10.

Here's some htpdate related things I'd like in 0.10:

* A "fix" for bugs/Tails_0.9_doesn__39__t_open_.onion_sites_. See
branch feature/htpdate_hs_notification which basically reintroduces
a modified version of the htpdate notification we had before (perl
guru's please fix the notification script!).
* Commit f29f4e4, which fixes a bug (IMHO) in htpdate.
* Commit 7e3ba7c, which greatly speeds up the time sync.

Cheers!