Re: [Tails-dev] from sdmem to memtest, and testing procedure…

Autor: Maxim Kammerer
Para: intrigeri
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] from sdmem to memtest, and testing procedures
Hi,

FYI: changing VMSPLIT from 3G/1G to 1G/3G provides the kernel with 3
GiB of address space instead of 1 GiB, which I assume means that at
most 2 GiB + ~895 MiB will be wiped with memtest on 32-bit systems
(repeating my previous test with 1.5 GiB confirms that). I am now also
using a 64-bit KEXEC kernel opportunistically on supporting systems.

Best regards,
Maxim