Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
Hi,

I'd like the actual release to happen on January 4th.

In our testing branch I've updated the Changelog, the included website
files and the AdBlock patterns. I'm preparing a -rc1 that will land
onto the mirrors tonight.

Left to do:

- run the test suite against 0.10~rc1
- write news/version_0.10 and security announce against 0.9
- check the "Pidgin nickname randomization" thread again and try to
do something clever about it
- update the SquashFS sort file
- workaround the "RAM over 3GB is not wiped" bug if it's possible to
do so without postponing ther release any further (the RC1 I'm
building has mem=3G set on the kernel command line, which is,
I think, an acceptable short-term workaround)

I won't be able to contribute much to these tasks, but I'll be back on
January 1st to build the final ISO, help running the test suite, and
deal with the final release steps.

Does others' schedule allow to make this schedule real?
Wanna commit yourself to any of these tasks?

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>