Re: [Tails-dev] apt security updates, wear and tear,

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tmail299
Kopio: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] apt security updates, wear and tear,
Hi,

Chris wrote (14 Dec 2011 01:32:22 GMT) :
> The right away to do it I feel is setting up a Tails repository and
> releasing updates on top of Debian/Ubuntu/Trisquel or possibly using
> rsync (or similar). As long as this is limited to LTS or stable
> releases where the only changes are security patches there should
> not be a need to maintain a large cloned separate repository from
> the main distribution.

Most of your reasonning depends on the assumption that Tails is
only based on Debian stable. This is wrong:
http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=config/chroot_apt/preferences;hb=refs/heads/devel
I don't think we could build Tails *only* on top of Debian stable / LTS.

This is what I meant previously by (Tails is) "built upon a whole
autonomous world (that is, Debian repositories) that is constantly
changing".

In the hope it helps you clarify how your ideas fit into the wider
situation of Tails, and possibly adapt your suggestions accordingly,

cheers,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>