Re: [Tails-dev] Tests without transparent proxying

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Tests without transparent proxying
Hi,

anonym wrote (06 Dec 2011 12:36:10 GMT) :
> 12/05/2011 10:21 PM, alan@???:
>> - start-stop-daemon -S -q -p ${PIDFILE} -bm -x /usr/local/sbin/htpdate -- \
>> + start-stop-daemon -S -q -p ${PIDFILE} -bm -x http_proxy="http://127.0.0.1:8118/" /usr/local/sbin/htpdate -- \

> I think it must be https_proxy (or is http_proxy used for https if
> https_proxy is unset?), but sure why not add it?

Because it won't work. The argument to -x must be the path to the
daemon executable, not freeform text that will be passed to a shell.
Prefixing start-stop-daemon with the correct VAR=VALUE might work.

> It will, however, be redundant since wgetrc already has proxies set.

Then I suggest we just forget it. Seems like some misunderstanding
lead to this patch proposal, and I may be part of that
misunderstanding; so, to clarify: I think torifying wget system-wide
(thanks to wgetrc) is a good thing, let's keep it. Incidentally, it
torifies HTP (== makes it work without transparent proxy), great.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>