Re: [Tails-dev] Plans for msn-pecan in Debian Squeeze... and…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Devid Antonio Filoni
CC: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Plans for msn-pecan in Debian Squeeze... and backports
Hi,

Devid Antonio Filoni wrote (28 Nov 2011 19:56:38 GMT) :
> I'm busy with university and work, can you upload it?

I don't think so. Given:

1. This package may be broken again due to protocol changes.
2. This happened already: Squeeze ships 0.1.1-1 which *does* *not*
*work* *at* *all*.
3. When this happened, the upstream patch that fixed the protocol
issues was not trivially backportable.
4. Nobody did the backport work to fix it in stable.

I'd rather leave this work to someone with serious insights into the
program, be them the actual maintainer or anyone else has enough time
available. I don't feel I am in a position to seriously make this
commitment myself.

So I think we'll ship a custom, home-made backport in Tails, in order
to avoid making commitments we may be unable to hold. We owe this kind
of honesty to the Debian community.

Sorry not to be that helpful.

> FYI 0.1.3 is a bugfix only release.

I don't understand why this information is relevant to
Squeeze{,-backports}, so it's likely I missed your point somehow.
Could you please clarify?

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>