Re: [Tails-dev] Tails persistence use case

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails persistence use case
11/16/2011 12:03 AM, intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> (Meta: it feels a bit useless to reply now that you've already sent
> this proposal to the debian-live mailing list: next time, please
> either make it very clear your deadline is that tight, or wait a bit
> more.

I'm sorry. To my defense, I must say that I interpreted your "Looks like
it would perfectly suit our needs" a bit too eagerly.

> Considering existing proposals were waiting for many months to
> be seriously reviewed and further thought, I would have been glad to
> enjoy a few more days to think about the shiny brand new proposal
> before things are done in a rush the way it's been.)

My thought was that we may get valuable input from that mailing-list
during the same time. Honestly, I do want this to be done properly.

> anonym wrote (14 Nov 2011 12:52:20 GMT) :
>
>> I'm definitely open for a name change, but ".mount" isn't very
>> generic or intuitive either. I was also thinking about ".keep", but
>> I don't know. Maybe "live-persistence.list", following the style of
>> /etc/live-snapshot.list? I think I like that: "list which
>> directories should be persistent in the live system --
>> live-persistent.list"
>
> Looks good. Why not even live.persist or live.persistent?

live.persist is better. And the dot is probably not a good idea, now
when I think about it. Easier to get right so you don't mount the media
on / instead whatever the list file says.

Cheers!