Re: [Tails-dev] Testing Tails 0.9~rc1

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Testing Tails 0.9~rc1
hi,

> 2. Instead of grep:ing /dev/mem directly in both steps 2 and 3, do this:

> dd if=/dev/mem of=$DUMP bs=1K count=$RAM_SIZE_IN_KB oflag=direct

I think I'll use memdump [1] instead (in Debian), which probably
removes the need to build an obsolete Lenny system for forensics.

[1] http://www.porcupine.org/forensics/tct.html

Running the test in a VM, and inspecting the VM memory from the host
system, should also work. We should have a look to the toolbox used by
Andrew Case when auditing our Live systems memory.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>