[Tails-dev] Tails 0.9 release plan

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: Tails 0.9 release plan
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.9 release plan
Hi,

I propose we (feature-)freeze a branch at the end of October,
for preparing Tails 0.9 release.

I believe this schedule would allow us to aim at releasing Tails 0.9
on November 11th, which is no coincidence as the next Firefox security
updates round is scheduled for November 8th, so should land into
iceweasel on November 10th.

What do you think?

Candidates (feel free to add to the list!):

  - nx bit: I'm working on it, unlikely to be ready on time
  - support Torbutton new identity feature: I'm working on it and
    would be surprised if it was not ready on time
  - tordate: already merged in
  - plymouth: already merged in
  - truecrypt 7.1: should go in, if someone tests and merges it
  - nautilus-wipe, MAT, theunarchiver: might go in, but depends more
    on other people's schedule rather than on our own
  - tails-greeter: unless someone decides to work hard on it, I don't
    think it will happen in Tails 0.9

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>