Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] Preparing 0.8.1
10/08/2011 02:42 PM, intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> we released 0.8 on September 21st. Since then,
>
> - the Linux kernel was updated twice in sid, fixing a great number of
> bugs and a fair number of CVEs [1]
> - the infamous .doc importation -related bug in OpenOffice.org was
> fixed in Debian stable security updates (DSA-2315-1)
> - iceweasel was updated once in Debian stable security updates, fixing
> very ugly security issues. The next bugfix release in the 3.6.x
> branch is scheduled [2] for November 8, and usually lands into
> Debian two days later.
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-2.6_3.0.0-5/changelog
> [2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases#Other_releases
>

> I think we should release 0.8.1 ASAP, e.g. at the end of next week
> (that is October 14).

Agreed.

> While looking at the devel branch for patches I'd like to cherry-pick
> into 0.8.1, it seems to me almost all changes in there could be worth
> it. It seems to me more are, and only a few (namely: the move to
> CookieSafe) seem to belong to 0.9 instead. I have a hard time making
> an opinion between all or nothing here, and cherry-picking 15 patches
> out of 17 has revealed painful on the long run in the past. Maybe we
> should do that anyway, and then move on to get other stuff ready for a
> quick 0.9 release (I'm thinking of feature/plymouth, feature/tordate
> and feature/truecrypt-7.1).

I think it might be worth considering releasing feature/tordate in 0.8.1
-- we've had so much time related trouble being reported in 0.8 that I'd
consider it as a bugfix. I've tested the current state (7d869d2) quite
thoroughly, and it has worked very well, so I don't think it'd be
impossible to do this.

Cheers!