Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and test feature/tordate

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and test feature/tordate
hi,

anonym wrote (04 Oct 2011 17:00:48 GMT) :
> This doesn't work:

> In the "clock way in the future" case we'll only get an
> unverified-consensus. When tor restarts it will read
> unverified-consensus, see that it now is valid, and then start using
> it. cached-consensus will never be written, so
> wait_for_tor_consensus() will never terminate.

Great you catched it.

> When I noticed this I talked about it with nickm and Sebastian on
> #tor. The real fix is that Tor should rewrite unverified-consensus
> into cached-consensus whenever it's reloaded and successfully
> verified. Until that is fixed it should be safe to do the renaming
> when Tor is not running.

Ok, great!

I'd like to understand better the "should be safe" assertion.
Other than valid time, what conditions are needed for Tor to consider
a consensus as "verified"?

> I guess it will work for now, but the assumption of tor_is_working()
> will be incorrect when /var/lib/tor is made persistent as we may
> have a cached-descriptors from a previous Tails run.

Right. This would be worth adding somewhere we'll see it when this
gets implemented.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>