[Tails-dev] console-setup in tails

Author: Max
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] console-setup in tails
Hello.

I'm trying to implement correct console-setup for tails-greeter to set language for
console too.
However I've hit major problem: tails-greeter is executed in X and console setup
utility requires tty. If I'm trying to bypass this tty check (setupcon --force) than
xorg dies.
I've also tried to use debconf-set-selections approach similar to the one used by
live-config script but it doesn't change a thing (it doesn't report any errors but
the values set do not affect console at all).

Is there way to spawn some command on particular tty from X?
Am I doing smth wrong or maybe there's some way to workaround this issue?

regards,
Max.