[Tails-dev] doc issue: importing key into empty keyring

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] doc issue: importing key into empty keyring
Subject: [Tails-dev] doc issue: importing key into empty keyring
hi,

in the iso verification instructions on /download/, the following
command:
$ cat tails-signing.key | gpg --import
, when run by a user whose keyring is empty or non-existent,
triggers a warning message about "no ultimately trusted key".
I've seen a user stopping the verification / install process at this
point, thinking this step had failed, and not knowing what to do
afterwards.
This may, or may not, be already fixed in doc-rework,
may be worth fixing in master or in doc-rework,
I don't know, so I'll let the ones who know fix it where appropriate
and add it to the todo if needed.

bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>