Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter: admin password, set-user-pas…

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: bertagaz
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list, govnototalitarizm
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter: admin password, set-user-password-and-locale
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 07:06:59PM +0700, † wrote:
> 18.08.2011 18:45, bertagaz@??? пишет:
> >> It seems to be enabled in squeeze by default: /etc/sudoers contain
> >> '#includedir /etc/sudoers.d' directive.
> >
> > Note the '#' at the beginning of the line, which *disable* the inclusion.
> > So, this and looking at the packaging makes me say that this is disabled
> > by default in Squeeze.
>
> According to 'man sudoers' the # is actually enables it.
> Yepp, I know that it's also comment sign and this is misleading.
> Maybe it was easier to make parser that way, or it's backward compatibility or
> sudoers devs just smoke some heavy stuff :)

Right, I should have read the manpage more carefully, my fault :)
Then I don't get why it's not working, will try to search a bit.

Could you push a package in your tails' repo when you'll have something
like a new release, so that I can test it?

> > I think intrigeri suggests here to reset to the default password upon
> > second login if the user is leaving the password boxes empty in this
> > second login, but did set a password during the first login.
> >
> > Trying to be a bit more clear:
> >
> > First login: user sets a password
> > then she logout
> > second login: user leave the password empty
> > tailsgreeter set the password to the default one (and remove
> > administrative access).
> >
> > Or am I misunderstanding something?
>
> Ahh, got that!
> I was mislead by mention of set-user-password-and-locale.
> This can be done via /etc/gdm3/PostSession/ while set-user-password-and-locale is
> installed into PostLogin.

Sounds like a good idea if PostSession is executed at the right moment.

> Maybe we should rename it to make it clear?

Seems pretty clear to me, what do you want to rename it to?