Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter: admin password, set-user-pass…

Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter: admin password, set-user-password-and-locale
18.08.2011 18:45, bertagaz@??? пишет:
>> It seems to be enabled in squeeze by default: /etc/sudoers contain
>> '#includedir /etc/sudoers.d' directive.
>
> Note the '#' at the beginning of the line, which *disable* the inclusion.
> So, this and looking at the packaging makes me say that this is disabled
> by default in Squeeze.

According to 'man sudoers' the # is actually enables it.
Yepp, I know that it's also comment sign and this is misleading.
Maybe it was easier to make parser that way, or it's backward compatibility or
sudoers devs just smoke some heavy stuff :)

> I think intrigeri suggests here to reset to the default password upon
> second login if the user is leaving the password boxes empty in this
> second login, but did set a password during the first login.
>
> Trying to be a bit more clear:
>
> First login: user sets a password
> then she logout
> second login: user leave the password empty
> tailsgreeter set the password to the default one (and remove
> administrative access).
>
> Or am I misunderstanding something?

Ahh, got that!
I was mislead by mention of set-user-password-and-locale.
This can be done via /etc/gdm3/PostSession/ while set-user-password-and-locale is
installed into PostLogin.

Maybe we should rename it to make it clear?

cheers,
Max.