[Tails-dev] How to boot Tails ISO with GRUB2

Author: Volodya
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] How to boot Tails ISO with GRUB2
I've looked for this but couldn't find, so here is what i did:

I am running Ubuntu 11.04, so on different distributions things might be
slightly different.

Copy the iso file into /boot/iso

Then in your /etc/grub.d/ edit 40_custom and add:
menuentry "Tails" {
        set isofile="/boot/iso/tails-i386-0.7.2.iso"
        loopback loop (hd0,msdos1)$isofile
        linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz boot=live config noswap nopersistent
iso-scan/filename=$isofile nomodeset
        initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
}

Note: hd0 might be incorrect on some systems. You will notice that Ubuntu sets
root via /dev/[hs]d[:alpha:], do *not* do that, you will get an error about not
being able to load the kernel.

* I have used
http://www.dangibbs.co.uk/journal/how-to-boot-live-cd-iso-with-grub2-ubuntu as a
starting point.

               - Volodya

- --
http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin