Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter conversion to dh_python2

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tails-dev
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter conversion to dh_python2
19.07.2011 07:36, bertagaz@??? пишет:

>> Merge was successful but after that installation to my test system fails with
>> following error:
>>
>> tails-greeter depends on python (>= 2.6.6-7~); however:
>> Version of python on system is 2.6.6-3+squeeze6
>>
>> Is this some glitch in my build env or it's intended behavior and I should update
>> python in test env?
>
> Seems that in squeeze the actual python package is 2.6.6-8, so I guess
> yes, you should update your build env. :)

That's rather weird:

python2.6 version is 2.6.6-8 but
python version is 2.6.6-3+squeeze6
according to http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/python

The latter is causing dependency error because after build with git-buildpackage
there is requirement for python2.6 | python2.7, python (>= 2.6.6-7~) in control file,
although original control file (in git) shows only
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), python (>= 2.6.6-3~) and Depends:
${python:Depends}.

How can I make sure that resulted package depends on proper version of python?
Is it something wrong with the build environment or I should update test environment
somehow?

bye,
Max.