Re: [Tails-dev] Small patch to mute sound on boot time

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Uudet otsikot: Re: [Tails-dev] Small patch to mute sound on boot time
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Small patch to mute sound on boot time
anonym wrote (08 Jul 2011 11:09:06 GMT) :
> I'm a bit worried that this patch will confuse ("omg! sound is
> broken in Tails!") and frustrate ("gah! I have to restore all mixer
> channels *again*!") users. At the very least, please to not mute and
> zero *all* channels. What's the point of that any way? It will make
> it completely impossible for users that doesn't know how to open the
> mixer, and for those who do it just adds extra pain.

Agreed.

> It should be sufficient to either mute or zero the master channel
> and leave the rest. Right?

Should work, iff the master channel is called the same for every
soundcard / alsa driver.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>