Re: [Tails-dev] Small patch to mute sound on boot time

Author: intrigeri
To: CAN Consulting
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Small patch to mute sound on boot time
Hi,

CAN Consulting wrote (22 Jun 2011 13:23:17 GMT) :

> Building Tails succeeded the first time yesterday; thanking
> intrigeri for help. init.d script tails-alsa-mute working; new line
> in 52-update-rc.d seemingly works too. Tails iso file created by lb
> build muted sound channels on bootup; attached patch should apply on
> devel branch without errors; besides that, all quiet on the western
> front. ;)

This seems much better to me.

Before we merge it, I would like to ask once more if you are sure you
cannot prepare a state file (/var/lib/alsa/asound.state), that will be
loaded by alsa-utils' restore_levels function, cooked in way it would
mute the soundcards. I've not investigated this problem, so I'd like
to at least understand why we won't use what seems to me like the
proper solution at first glance.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>