Re: [Tails-dev] integrate walkthrough in doc-rework

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] integrate walkthrough in doc-rework
El 17/06/11 18:15, alan@??? escribió:

> Hi,
>
> The walkthrough, originally imported from Incognito, is out of sync with
> Tails for a long time. Some progress have been made to solve that issue:
>
> - in master branch: the out-of-sync parts have been clearly marked as
> outdated. This is already available online on Tails website;
>
> - in doc-rework branch: the walkthrough have been splitted into
> different pages which are partially merged with the rest of Tails
> documentation. Some of these pages have already been reviewed
> according to current Tails status.
>
> This is still a work-in-progress, but a first review is already welcome,
> as well as contributions if you're inclined.
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

Thank you for doing that. It's a nice bootstrap for the work to be done
on the doc.

I just had a look at the first section « About Tails ». As you already
mentioned, at the moment in it there is basically:
- Parts that could be merged into /doc/warning.
- Other bits that are already addressed by /about. Plus, this secion is
bit confusing.
- The first part of the /doc/about/anonymity page which I don't like
that much. If people reading the doc up to this point still need to know
« why they need anonymity » we should rather point them to torproject.org.
- A similar thing goes for the main /doc/introduction. It sounds like
the usual blabla to my ears and something that's not really worth reading.

So do we agree on rescuing what needs to be rescued into the /about and
/doc/warning pages and getting rid of all the rest? It'll remain until
the end of time in the git history of course in case we feel nostalgic
at some point ;)

--
sajolida